Well, today would have been Dad’s 98th birthday. I’ll drink a small toast to him, later.
Since I don’t really have a system for posting here at the moment, I think I’ll start with a brief list of everything that I think I am currently doing:
- Raspberry Pi Rig: currently:
- 6x RPi 3b in a rack, as a general compute surface
- 1x RPi 3b in a fan-case, as rig controller/master
- 1x RPi 3b in a passive case, as backup
- Mana Project
- RPi 1 for port of Mana; have finally obtained second wifi adapter
- Soldering Project
- RPi ZeroW + Pimoroni “Scroll Phat” dot-matrix display
- Build & then use for
- Half-A-Gig Onion
- On hold, awaiting bandwidth.
- Stable, works, is remarkably quick
- Goal is to ship stable & feature-complete 1.x version then start on 2.0
- 2.x version will move more rewriting to Lua to reduce dependencies
- Resurrecting old GPU Rig
- Inherited 3x Radeon 5870 from JC
- Unfortunately, Ubuntu stopped loving Radeon in v14 Trusty Tahir
- Open-source Radeon drivers do not cut the mustard
- Therefore: adventures in legacy linux and stale proprietary driver code
- Java Experiments
- Stalled by EOTK but that’s okay, it needed some thinking-time
- Total mess.
- Need to spend a few days sawing and stacking lumber for next winter, to dry out over the summer
- Also need to push(@compost, shift(@compost)) which will be hard work
- Can wait until after summer.